Assistive Reality is an Australian start-up project created by a team of information and biotechnology professionals with experience in AI systems, user interface design, 3D modelling and a driving interest in human-augmentation technology.
- The name Assistive Reality is derived from our concept of creating applications that will use intelligent AI systems from a variety of authors, to integrate with device sensors, and cloud-computing to provide assistance to the human wearer in their professional and home life.
Assistive Reality is an Augmented Reality applications developer with a speciality in providing integrated Artificial Intelligence for the AR experience. These AIs can be configured to provide differing levels of human-assist, from full audio/visual task guidance to simple memory/reminder tasks. Since the AI has access to the input from the AR headset sensors, it literally is able to put itself in the position of the wearer and see exactly the perspective required.
aronline.io is the website for Assistive Reality, and will be the basis for delivering user profiles, dynamic applications and Blockchain-integrated services such as interacting with the license redemption smart contract (Exchange ARX for licenses, or ARX for download code to native device store) or for retrieving and updating biometric ID prints stored on the Blockchain.
If successfully funded Assistive Reality will be positioned to successfully hit the Quarter 2 of 2018 milestone for release of two Augmented Reality applications via each device’s store:
- World 1, and
These applications will be built on Assistive Reality’s commercial-grade Spectrum AR engine, natively compiled and customised for each device to obtain maximum performance.
World 1 introduces the concept of an AR World Browser, allowing an always-on AR experience whether at home or in public, with seeded content and a fully integrated AI offering configurable levels of assistance. Additionally, in this multi-platform, multi-user networked world, users that hold ARX tokens gain the ability to host AR zones for grouped interaction such as world-scale gaming, choose-your-own-adventure style role playing, or team challenges.
Profession is intended for light-to-medium professional usage, and allows the user to select a job role or task function; the inbuilt AI is more comprehensive than even in World 1, and will observe the environment through 3D positional tracking and offer visual cues and guidance specific to that task. The task database is built up by a learning algorithm that aims to continually improve its success rate. Profession is intended to directly augment a human’s ability to perform their normal job function, and will be actively monitored to ensure the relevant features most-used are given the most prominence and best integration within the app.
One of the important functions of our Spectrum AR’s API is access to the Ethereum Blockchain; this provides a number of features such as secure storage of biometric ID hashes, data hash storage and replication, AR zone funding/rewards payouts via smart contract, license purchase/tracking, in-world and experience currency for purchases, low cost high availability replication through combination of public/private eth chains, ARX token issuance for inbuilt ERC20 token trading and lastly, the ability for Assistive Reality world designers to configure various points in the real world with actual Ethereum smart contracts behind them, to trigger events as and when time points elapse or users approach them.
We believe World 1 will excite people in a way similar to Pokemon Go but with a far wider-reaching commercial potential and without any of the single-platform entry requirements of almost all other similar products.
From a commercial standpoint, we have a fully developed business and marketing plan, and intend to approach revenue development from a number of angles. We have strong projections within the corporate AR/MR space as Spectrum provides highly advanced enterprise-integration (Office 365, AWS, Microsoft and Unix stacks), it can be readily adopted to almost any major corporation’s workflow, and its highly robust 3D object recognition capabilities enable a variety of usage cases.
Crucial to the project’s later financial viability is our enterprise market penetration and home/public user numbers. To this end, all members of our team have strong experience building and nurturing relationships with government, defence and corporate organisations, whilst also being avid consumers of early and advanced technology themselves. We will leverage our wide-ranging contact base and a significant marketing spend across Asia-Pacific and China to gain early trials and secure demand for our AR/MR applications. To improve enterprise integration options we’ve architected features such as cloud (Office 365, AWS) and local Directory Service integration, OS policy enforcement, Blockchain secured biometrics and building-system/home-bot integration.
Our plans for Augmentation technology are not limited to optical headsets; we are also actively researching and creating software prototypes to implement building-wide AR environments, and creating partnerships within the optics industry, with the goal of deploying code to run on contact lens or implant technology systems as and when they become available.
What are the aims of the project?
- Champion the integration of Artificial Intelligence software with Augmented Reality devices
- Enable humans to be highly competitive in complex tasks where AI has an inherent advantage
- Act as a catalyst for the adoption of AR/MR/VR technology in business
- Increase commercial awareness and adoption of the Ethereum Blockchain & smart contracts
- Provide an example of ICO fundraising bootstrapping a successful Tier 1 technology firm
- Establish relationships within the contact lens design and production industry
- Complete development and compatibility testing of our Spectrum Augmented Reality engine
- Contract to deploy 15 Spectrum application sites within 2018
- Ensure our Spectrum-based Profession apps reach top 10 rank/major app stores within 2019
- Ensure our World 1 world browser reaches top 10 rank/major app stores within 2019
What is the timeline?
In the first 24 months we are aiming to establish the Australian division of the company Assistive Reality to facilitate research, development, deployment, demonstrations and licensing; we have also committed to a number of foundation site clients and interested parties to deliver the following clear outcomes by our March 2019 “Deploy” milestone:
- Perform ICO (ARX token), fund company structure, establish development contracts
- Demonstrate Spectrum alpha software running with sample tasks at various trade events
- License 5 Foundation Sites for Spectrum deployment trials in early 2018, ramping up to 15
- Release Spectrum beta to foundation sites, monitor and adjust onsite
- Release World 1 beta World Browser for Google AR, Glass, Microsoft AR/MR and Apple AR
- Perform World 1 closed alpha test of large-scale multiuser networking
- Deploy Ethereum smart contract to public main net for exchanging ARX tokens for World 1 access or Spectrum licenses
- Begin advanced AI-in-AR research paper regarding in-world and in-zone automation
- Publish a research paper discussing the future-state of human visual augmentation
- Scale development up to 3 full-time development team members
- Test private Ethereum Blockchain secure-storage smart contract functions
We have segmented and summarised some milestones from the first 4 years of operation into clear Startup, Disrupt, Deploy and Scale phases, as shown below:
Why is Ethereum integration important?
Ethereum is a leading cryptocurrency in 2017 and has many advanced features including Turing-complete smart contract scripting and sandboxed code execution. Ethereum’s EVM programmability has contributed to the rise of many distributed applications and offers unique integration options for AR/MR applications. Building our software with native support for Ethereum technology provides the following benefits for our users:
- Private or Public Blockchain-secured Biometrics for each user provide security, audit trail, and data survivability with integrity beyond a typical private database
- Swarm technology is leveraged for roaming user data and some profile information
- Smart contracts are executed using distributed computing (nodes) allowing a degree of processing-offload for miniaturised devices
- Ethereum configurations are already available within major cloud provider services, giving immediate, well-understood scaling when storing data for enterprise client solutions
- Ethereum has a strong development roadmap and community, with good leadership, which has led to widespread trust and adoption across a range of platforms, by a variety of internationally-respected companies; integrating with Ethereum allows us to work with a proven community of professionals with established toolsets and practices, increasing consistency and standardisation
- ARX tokens issued in our ICO can be exchanged using the redemption smart contract for World 1 and Profession early access
- ARX tokens and ETH can be used to interact with paid content in all Assistive Reality consumer-facing applications, including AR zones that contain premium content
- Ethereum’s developer community will be directly leveraged to hire coders and testers for smart contracts and Blockchain integration when building World Zones and assistive AI Bots
- As an early developer and integrator, Assistive Reality aims to gain significant market share within Government, Defence and Corporate organisations, exposing them to Ethereum technology potentially for the first time, expanding the reach of Ethereum in general
What is our vision for corporate or government users?
We envisage high end usage of Augmented Reality to occur at a large scale; car production factories, construction projects, law enforcement, education and health care are all examples of sectors that can benefit enormously from intelligent augmentation software solutions.
For corporate users, we provide two options during 2018/2019;
- Engage with us to plan a custom-built application/suite based on our bespoke Spectrum platform with onsite hardware integration, AR/MR zones, room-scale VR facilities, Ethereum Blockchain integration. This option is recommended for larger companies who have significant facilities or high staff numbers. The following diagram shows the engagement process for a partner company who desires a customised commercial-grade Augmented Reality/Mixed Reality solution
- Purchase the Profession application from the app store on your device; this is our prebuilt user-customisable application. Profession is recommended for smaller companies or other users that may be performing a work activity and is available with alternative UIs and a selectable list of professions.
Profession features include:
- Switchable user interface (for different job roles, or preferences)
- Professions to select will be added regularly
- Surface-to-screen projection
- AI-bot or Virtual Assistant
- Fine-tuned UI/UX for each profession type
- Guided Action with prompting
- Real-time Communications
- App integration
- Blockchain Recording and Archiving
- Room and Dimensional-space scaling
For more details and information of the company, please visit aronline.io
Disclaimer. This article is sponsored and provided by a third-party source and should not be viewed as an endorsement by ZyCrypto. Readers should do their own research before investing funds in any company.